11/09/2006

The Wine Country of Santa Ynez...

Well, one of the things I have always wanted to do is go wine tasting in Santa Barbara/Santa Ynez...and now I have done that! YEA! We had our AVP retreat in Santa Barbara this past monday and boy was it a needed break away! First of all, the AVP put us up in the Fess Parker Double Tree hotel...and if you have never been or stayed there, can I just say...AMAZING! It also helped that it was a great weather day too! :)!

We did our work retreat in the morning and then it was off to Santa Ynez Valley to a couple of winerys. The first winery we went to was Bridlewood, in Los Olivos. We had lunch there waiting for us, next to a lake, in the middle of a beautiful pasture. And then they served us the food...the BEST deli meat/roasted veggies lunch I have EVER had. It just plain rocked!

After Bridlewood, we headed over to the Southern Winery, Rideaux. It was awesome...from there we headed into the little town of Los Olivos, which had tons of little wine tasting rooms. We ventured around the city and over to the resturant, Matthies, for dinner. After dinner we had a nice..err...hilarious ride home in our shuttle....good times!

So my first AVP Retreat is over...and can I say...can I go again please?!!!

1 comment:

Jamie Stavenger said...

What!? Our outing to the Napa Rose at Disney just wasn't good enough for you, huh? : )