1/14/2007

A Wonderful Day of TV Movies..


So not much to report on this weekend..except the excellent movies that played on Sunday afternoon/evening! Hahaha! Hey, when two of my fave movies, Romancing the Stone & Robin Hood:Men in Tights, come on the same day...you know it is going to be a great evening!! Hahaha!
Here are some quotes from Robin...
Prince John: And why would the people listen to you?
Robin Hood: Because, unlike some other Robin Hoods, I can speak with an English accent.
[referring to the then recent blockbuster Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, in which Kevin Costner played the role with an American accent]

Blinkin: Oh, this never would have happened if your father was alive.
Robin Hood: He's dead?
Blinkin: Yes.
Robin Hood: And my mother?
Blinkin: She died of pneumonia while - oh, you were away!
Robin Hood: And my brothers?
Blinkin: There were all killed by the plague.
Robin Hood: My dog, Pogo?
Blinkin: Run over by a carriage.
Robin Hood: My goldfish, Goldie?
Blinkin: Eaten by the cat.
Robin Hood: My cat?
Blinkin: Choked on the goldfish. Oh, it's good to be home, ain't it, Master Robin?


Little John: Let me introduce you to my best friend: Will Scarlet.
Scarlet: Scarlet's my middle name. My full name is Will Scarlet O'Hara.
[pause]
Scarlet: We're from Georgia.

Robin Hood: I lost. I lost? Wait a minute, I'm not supposed to lose. Let me see the script.

Robin Hood: I am Robin Hood, and these are my Merry Men!
Rabbi Tuckman: Faygeles?
Robin Hood: No, no. We're straight. Just merry.


Here are some quotes from Romancing...

[Jack shows off his new, crocodile skin, boots, made from the crocodile he has killed]
Joan Wilder: I like the boots.
Jack Colton: Yeah, that poor old yellow-tailed guy... developed a fatal case of indigestion. He died right in my arms.
Joan Wilder: I can't blame him. If I were to die there's nowhere on earth I'd rather be.

Joan Wilder: You're a mondo dismo!
Jack Colton: I'm... what am I? I'm what?
Joan Wilder: You're a man who takes money from stranded women!

Jack Colton: Wait a minute, he's after you. Who the hell are you?
Joan Wilder: Well, I'm a romance novelist.
Jack Colton: You're what? What are you doing here?
Joan Wilder: I told you, my sister's life depends on me.
Jack Colton: Ah, don't give me that s*$#. I thought you were donating a kidney or something.

No comments: