8/20/2007

Beantown Baby!!!

So this past weekend I was FINALLY able to head to Boston! This is one of the few cities in America that I have not been able to travel too...but THAT IS NO MORE! And beantown did not disappoint! Of course we did have a job to do...but this might have been the best tournament of the year! SCARY!!


The night we arrived we headed to downtown on the T (there was a stop outside our hotel) to grab some dinner at the infamous CHEERS! Now, because of the sucess there are 2 cheers...the real and the set restaurant. Well, I made it to the set Cheers...but it is the thought that counts right!!! Hehehe!





The second night there was a major downer (which I really don't want to talk about)....but Al & Denise saved the day by taking me & Carly out to eat and siteseeing! First of all, we ate at Legal's (known for the Clam Chowder served at the last 7 inaugurations). Then it was off to site see! We drove through MIT's campus (IT WAS HUGE....WHO KNEW?), then Harvard's many campus', Northeastern, Boston University, Fenway Park, etc....so amazing.


The tournament, like I said, ran pretty smooth, which rocked. But the coolest parts of the tournament were the boardwalk behind the site (so beautiful) and Dani coming with her new college team (she is a freshman at BC). I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT SHE IS A COLLEGE FRESHMAN! Sary that I coached her 3 years ago!!









After the tournament I headed back downtown and walked around. And I finally got to see the Boston Harbor! SO BEAUTIFUL! And I must say, I totally get the Nautica lifestyle! After 3 hours of wondering and sitting in the harbor I met up with my co-worker, Fitz for dinner...good times :)!















Now, I am in relaxing in Madison, New Jersey. Kristen (my HS bestie) and her hubby, Danny, live here with their adorable dog, Auggie (Doggie)...then it is off to the city...the best city in the world! NYC!

No comments: